Since the beginning of the outbreak, scientists have noted a significant decrease in environmental pollution and emissions of greenhouse gas. A positive side-effect, therefore, perfect for celebrating the 50th Earth Day today.
Every 22 of April, this day is an opportunity to reflect on solutions to preserve our planet. Sorting, composting, recycling, eating local, favouring public transport and biking are some of the possible solutions in order to protect the environment.
In this perspective, bike sharing is an ideal solution to reduce the impact of transport on the environment. Mobile, urban and sustainable, PubliBike is the perfect complement to private and public transport. If you want to measure the impact of your journeys on the climate and compare the different means of transport, go to this page: https://www.energie-umwelt.ch/haus/oeffentlicher-verkehr-mobilitaet/mobility-impact
If you too want to make a gesture for the environment and participate in this collective effort, register to PubliBike!
And if not... Here are a few simple "green habits" to apply in your daily life:
- When you leave a room, turn off the light
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth or shave
- Eat more local food, it's fresh, it's healthy and it reduces gas emissions from transportation. In addition, you are supporting local producers
- Change your light bulbs with low-energy light bulbs
- Reduce, reuse, recycle - it's the winning trio!